Monday, August 16, 2010

Summertime coming to an end; now weekend daytrips our only option

As Florida schools begin the new year, families get out of summer vacation mode and into a regular routine of school, homework, dinner, bed, repeat. That includes our family. Luckily, we live in a state where it is sunny and warm most of the time, so taking a daytrip or weekend getaway isn't that difficult.

But now I'll be looking for a day trip for the weekends. I hate staying home on the weekends, even though there is plenty of cleaning to do at the house. I would rather hit the road and make memories than beds.

Any ideas for a great weekend getaway for the fall in Florida? Let me know, and I'll share my thoughts. Day tripping doesn't have to stop when summer ends. In fact, for Florida, it's just the beginning of great weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment