Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Is being stranded on a cruise ship REALLY a bad thing?

I have seen the reports of the stranded cruise ship and the efforts by the Navy to bring them food, etc. I have tried to be sympathetic to the plight of those passengers who cannot leave their cruise ship until it is towed to San Diego on Thursday.

I am sure it was scary. But I've been through a few hurricanes -- two back-to-back -- and what they went through at the fire sounds like an evacuation. No electricity, a/c or hot food? Sounds like the aftermath of the hurricane when you survive on cold sandwiches and MRE's (meals ready to eat.)

I've been on cruise ships. As each one came to an end, I have to admit I secretly wished that maybe something would happen so I wouldn't have to get off the ship just yet. It's been my dream to have to call my boss from a cruise ship and just explain I can't come home yet.

Cruising isn't in my budget these days, even though there are some fantastic deals out there. So, I have to say, I don't think I would be totally upset if the ship I was on was delayed and I a) had my trip refunded, b) got a voucher for another FREE cruise and c) had to extend my vacation for a few more days.

As long as no one was hurt, of course.

Happy Daytripping!

No comments:

Post a Comment